I'm in total agreement that resolutions are stupid. If I want to set myself up for failure, I'll bake a cake and set it on the counter! Not sure about you, but failure sets me into a tailspin of comfort eating and depression. Farley suggests picking One little Word to focus on for the year.
This is how it works:
You pick ONE LITTLE WORD
and hold onto that word for the year...or longer...
focus on this word until you have mastered it.
During our church service today my word came to me!
Pastor Brad suggested that not a single resolution would be made for the New Year that would be detrimental to us. I mean, no one ever makes the resolution to be a horrible parent, or get further into debt. ALL resolutions are made because we want to improve in some area of our lives.
So instead of a resolution,I choose to focus on a word this year. One that I can hold on to and focus on throughout all triumphs and trials 2012 may hold for me... My word...
SUCCESS
(I know...it sounds like an overachiever word!) But, hear me out! If success is defined as having victory over areas of weakness, than my word covers a vast amount of areas of my life! Success in maintaining my weight loss; success in being a good mother, teacher, wife; success for my students on EOG testing and future endeavors of their lives.
I believe the real definition of SUCCESS is doing life the way GOD has called me! WOW! We learned today that:
1) God WANTS us to be successful! (1 Kings 2:2-4)
2) Success comes from following God's instructions (Deuteronomy 17:14-20)
3) Not following God's instruction leads to destruction (1 Kings 10:14-15; 1 Kings 10:26-28; 1 Kings 11:1-4)
Not to get too Sunday morning church on ya, but ... WOW! (Check out those verses and how they're tied together!)
So, my ONE LITTLE WORD for this year is...SUCCESS! What word would you consider as your focus for this school year?



No comments:
Post a Comment