Tuesday, June 26, 2012

100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson

I'm going to be starting a new series of posts on the latest Children's Literature books that I have been reading.  I know that this series will not be as big at first due to the amount of torture reading that I have to do for graduate school.  For now, I'll be sure to post a brief summary of the book as well as a picture of the book cover.  So, up first is a great book called 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson.
100 Cupboards (The 100 Cupboards) 
This book was about a young boy, Henry, whose parents have been abducted.  He is forced to live with his Aunt and Uncle in Kansas.  Once he arrives, some strange things begin to happen in the attic room he is living in.  He begins to explore and finds many doors are hidden behind the wall.  He, and his cousin, begin to open and explore the doors.  Some are harmless doors that have pleasant feelings associated with them.  One is an ominous door that makes Henry feel uneasy.  

This book is a good read, especially for boys.  It is full of adventure and mystery.  Not sure if there is a sequel, but this book would be a great beginning to a series.  Students who enjoy reading Harry Potter would also enjoy reading this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment