Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Reflective Teacher (30 day challenge)

Found a cool 30 day reflective journal for teachers, and thought it would be a good way to motivate me to think about my focus for this year...as well as get on here to share thoughts about my calling!  So, here goes...

Day 1
Write your goals for the year...be as specific as you want!

My biggest goal for the 2014-2015 school year is to promote a LOVE and desire to want to read...for FUN!

Day 2
Write about one piece of technology you would like to try this year.

I am planning to integrate blogging into my reading instruction this year.  I will set it up as more of a book review that will be posted to my website so students and parents can enjoy the work as well.

Day 3
Discuss one observation area you would like to focus on this year.

As a part of our teacher evaluation tool, I am required to demonstrate leadership in collaborating with other teachers.  I usually rank myself pretty highly because I am constantly collaborating vertically with my peers.  This year I would like to collaborate more across our grade level.  Our school departmentalized, so vertical collaboration males more since across the subjects, but there is so much more that we can do when we collaborate across the grade level.  The Science/Social Studies teacher and I can collaborate more consistently about non-fiction reading and fiction reading skills.

Day 4
What do you love most about teaching?

Wow...not the money!  (Just kidding!). Mostly I love working and interacting with students all day long.  The challenges they present are a puzzle for me to figure out, and I've always LOVED puzzles! Watching a child grow in the area of reading. And being able to show them ways they have increased their knowledge is inspiring to me to continue to motivate them to do their best!

Well, five days late isn't that bad!  Now that I'm caught up, I'll work to continue on this 30 day reflection challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment